Personal Introductions & Course Expectations

 Hello everyone! Welcome to the course! 

My name is Marina Falasca and I have been teaching English as a foreign and second language for over 20 years. I have taught learners from complete beginners up to Master's level students and I am now fully engaged in teacher training. I am a certified EFL teacher and hold an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction, Adult & Higher Education, from South Dakota State University, where I served as Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (2005-06) and full-time instructor (2009-10). Moreover, I hold a Masters in Area Studies from Virginia Tech (2009), where I also completed a post-graduate course on Educational Technology. Presently, I am a full-time instructor at a major university (UTN), where I lecture in TEFL Methods, Multimedia, Introduction to Research Methods and Discourse Analysis. I also teach Didactics for Higher Education at I.E.S. en Lenguas Vivas “Juan Ramón Fernandez" and I design and deliver virtual courses at Escuela de Maestros. Last but not least, I have been recently appointed STAR Scholars Country Director for Argentina and last year I coedited my first book on Alfabetización y competencias transmedia: Propuestas didácticas para el Nivel Secundario y Superior (Editorial SB).

Please, reply to this first post and write a brief personal introduction. If possible, get your own Blogger account and add a photo. If you prefer not to share a personal photo, find a character on the web that depicts your personality.

Also, briefly mention what your expectations for this course are and answer the following questions:

1) Have you ever taught adults?
2) Do you know what ESP means/is?
3) Have you ever planned or designed your own courses?
4) Have you ever adapted material or created your own?

Comments

  1. Hello! I'm maxi. I'm 21 years old and I've been teaching since last year. I've mainly taught kids and teenagers, but this year I got to observe a few of my colleagues' classes where they teach adults.
    Last semester, we talked about what ESP was with my professor, but we did not learn anything in particular about it.
    I've planned and designed lessons for my courses and even adapted some to make them suitable to teach them with younger or older students depending on what the lesson was aim to.

    I'm quite excited to be taking this course since this is going to be new information for me. I hope we get to observe some classes! See you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My name is Clara. I am 25 years old and I have been a 2nd grade teacher for three years. I have never given classes to adults or really any group outside primary school. In my regular classes we follow a book and school guidelines to plan our courses, so I am eager to learn more about creating and adapting material.
    Similar to Maxi I have heard about ESP and lecto escritura courses in other didactic classes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Origins of ESP and the Principles of Andragogy

La Universidad y el Proyecto de Cátedra